Pagine

giovedì 13 febbraio 2014

Death row - Iranian teenager awaiting execution when he turns 18

NCR-Iran
A 16-year-old boy has been sentenced to death in Iran for accidentally killing a friend during a brawl - and will be kept on death row until he can be 'legally' executed at the age of 18.


The youth named as Abolfazl was arrested while in the 9th grade on a charge of killing another youngster during a drunken brawl. The family of the victim has asked for blood money to forgo his execution.

The state-run Tabnak website reported on February 9: "In 4 months, Abolfazl will be 17 and his remaining days are passing quickly. He will the be leaving the correction center to face the death penalty when he reaches the age of 18.

Abolfazl said: "I miss my father. 9 months ago when I was here they said that my father had passed away. He was 40. He was a hard-working laborer and loved me very much. He went out of his way to get what I wanted if possible. When I heard he had passed away I cried a lot. I wished I could have seen him, but they did not allow me. They did not even allow me to go to his funeral.

"From the outset I did not have a lawyer and I defended myself. They got me a lawyer on the last day, but to no avail."

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento

Nota. Solo i membri di questo blog possono postare un commento.